Helping home and business owners protect their investment with waterproofing and foundation solutions.
Professional Foundation Repair in Springfield, Illinois That Helps Keep Your Property Safe
Just because your property’s foundation is out of sight does not mean it should be out of mind! A damaged foundation can wreak havoc on your property. Illini Waterproofing and Construction knows that cracks in your foundation can lead to water seepage and even basement flooding. That’s why, on top of our waterproofing expertise, we’re also the Springfield, IL area authority for foundation repair and wall sealing. Over time, your foundation can become damaged due to any number of causes – simple age, heat and cold, poor drainage, or more. Whatever the reason, our experts have a solution that will fit your specific needs!
Keep These Warning Signs in Mind to Spot Foundation Problems Quickly!
- Cracks in your foundation, wall, or floor – Tiny cracks are a natural occurrence, but if you notice anything larger (typically 5-15mm or more), you should definitely consider professional foundation help. Horizontal or 45-degree angle cracks can also indicate significant severe foundation movement. While not every crack or fracture signifies an emergency, it’s wise to have them inspected and corrected.
- Your foundation is settling or sinking – If you notice part of your property seems lower than the rest, foundation sinking may have occurred. This would require a professional to lift your foundation and install foundation piers. Enlisting the help of a professional as soon as you notice the sinking can help you avoid more severe (and costly) problems in the future.
- Foundation upheaval – Opposite to sinking is foundation upheaval, where your slab foundation has moved upwards. Trapped moisture under the slab is the most common cause of upheaval. Anything from heavy rains to plumbing problems could be producing an excessive amount of moisture in the ground.
- Your doors don’t close properly or stick – It is common for changes in humidity to cause your doors to stick. However, this is also a sign of a shift in your foundation. When that is the case, interior doors will typically drag at the top, while exterior doors will drag at the threshold or hang down at the top and appear uneven. The only way to know for certain is to get a thorough examination from foundation specialists.
- Window frame or exterior door gaps – Similar to the above indication, gaps around exterior window frames and doors can be a sign of a foundation problem.
- Uneven or sagging floors – You know how it feels to walk through your home. If you notice your floors sagging and squeaking, call for repairs as soon as possible, as uneven floors are not just annoying and unsightly, but dangerous as well.
- Damp crawlspaces – If the crawlspace in your pier and beam foundation home shows signs of heavy moisture, the root cause of it should be discovered and addressed quickly. Dampness in this area can attract termites, bring mold and odor, and even cause your wooden beams to rot.
- Counters or cabinets pulling away from your walls – You may not easily notice if your walls aren’t level, but you will certainly notice growing spaces between your cabinets and counters and the wall they’re attached to. Even if the gap is currently tiny, it will continue to grow if the cause of the wall tilting isn’t addressed.
Notice any of the above occurring on your property? Call Illini Waterproofing and Construction immediately for quick foundation repair solutions!
Once our waterproofing specialists have corrected your foundation problems, or determined that there aren’t any, they can finish their expert service with foundation wall sealing and epoxy crack injections. Sealing involves coating the wall with a waterproofing membrane to help prevent seepage while epoxy crack injections are perfect for non-moving cracks to prevent them from becoming worse and restore the strength of your wall. Consult our team today about restoring a firm foundation to your home or business!